The Online Dojo
The “Online Dojo” is a regular weekly web based training session designed to provide training and support to our students during the COVID-19 pandemic. The sessions are live with personal interaction with the instructor during the class. Numbers will be limited.
Also available are 60 minute private one-2-one sessions
Online Dojo Registration
1. Pay as you go £6.00 per session (PAYG). Payment must be made in advance by end of play the day before. You can purchase individual sessions or blocks of four or eight sessions.
2. Pay monthly by standing order £20/month. A 25% Family discount is available for the second person from the same household.
Once you register for the online dojo you will be sent the Standing Order Bank Details (Sort code & Account Number) so that you can set up the payment. So please provide an email address. If you already have a standing order with us the account details are the same.
3. Private one 2 one video sessions with Sensei Waters £10.00/hour
How it Works
1. Set up a free Skype account and download the app to your computer.
2. Register with “The Online Dojo” using the form opposite.
3. Make your payment by setting up a standing order with your bank or by purchasing sessions on a pay-as-you- go basis (PAYG). See below.
PAYG payments must be made in advance of your intended session to ensure you are registered to attend. Failure to do so may result in not being able to connect to the session.
4. Join the group (The online Dojo) 10minutes before the designated time and begin a gentle warm-up while you wait for the session to start. A register will be called.
Sessions every Thursday evening lasting 1 hour. Opening at 18.50 for a 19.00 start. Do wear your Gi. Here is the link:
once you have an account just click to join the training session.
What you will need:
You will need a laptop or desktop computer with web camera and sufficient space to be able to practice safely. Built in webcams are ok but it is much better to have a computer linked to a dedicated webcam and connected to your TV via a HDMI cable. The webcam that we recommend is very easy to set up and can be purchased from the Amazon link opposite.
You will also need a Skype account, which is free to set up and use.